Monday, February 17, 2014

About Communication

1. What do you expect to learn from the podcast project?
I expect to learn a lot of things about communicating, filming a video, and working as a group. I expect that the experience I would have in writing, editing, and practicing the script would improve my pronunciation, grammar, and my ability to exchange dialogue  in Japanese in a more natural way. I also look forward to learning more about the work that goes into planning for a short video, from planning scene directions to video equipment and editing. I also expect to have an opportunity to work closely with a group, something that I don't get to do often in other classes. As for the topic itself, because we are exploring a part of student life and college culture, I also expect to pick up a few helpful tips and habits to help me with school and life.

2. What does "communication" mean to you?
Communication means to me the process of effectively conveying ideas to the anticipated reader/audience. To communicate an idea well is for your listeners to understand what you are trying to express. In a face to face situation, communication goes both way as in both you and your listeners should be able to exchange ideas in a way that both parties will understand.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you are pointing out, the mutuality of communication, is very important to keep in mind while you are developing a digital media work. Although your podcast is one-way expression, you will be expressing your thoughts and ideas through the work to millions of potential audience on the web. So I think not only understanding what you want to say, but understanding, or imagining what your audience may say, ask, or have an interest, should be a really important part of production. I am looking forward seeing your final project!TAむらい

    ReplyDelete